body#layout #outer-wraper, body#layout #header-wrapper { width: 730px

Wednesday, September 24, 2008


The night before I had Marie, we were out running errands and decided to stop at Chili's for dinner (I believe it was the dinner of chips & salsa, and molten lava cake - no entree - that put me into labor. But that's beside the point).
As is usually the case, Kyle begged for a kids meal, and with it came one of those fabulous mini-packs of crayons designed to keep kids (and their parents) from going crazy waiting for their food.Well, in the craziness that the rest of that evening brought, those crayons were left in the car. Not in the package. In the 110 degree summer heat. You get the idea.
A couple of days later, when we were all finally home and I had stored up enough energy to unpack the car, I had a big pile of melted, red wax on the carpet to greet me. And a few spots on the seat. It actually made me a little sick, and I had no idea what to do. So, I did what I do best - I ignored it and hoped it would go away.Fast forward a few more months - three to be exact. The spots were surprisingly (???) still there and I decided I'd better do something about it.
I surfed the internet to see what my options were:
1. Freeze it with an ice cube and chip it off with a dull knife. Hardly made a dent.
2. Place a brown paper bag over it and iron it off. I knew that iron would turn my synthetic carpet into an bigger pile of melted plastic.
And then I came upon this beautiful, wonderful, strange tip: WD-40.And I thought to myself, "This couldn't possibly work."Well, I was wrong. It worked like a charm. It practically melted off the carpet. And the seat. Not a trace left. It's a miracle worker, and I think I'm in love. In fact, I think WD-40 just may be my new best friend.I can't wait to see what other tricks it has up its sleeve.
Thanks Ruth. I stole this from your blog. Wanted to share the GREAT news with everyone.

2 comments:

Kevin and Stephanie said...

Thank you so much for this blog! I had the same thing happen.... well, not the exactly...lol. My 6 year old daughter got crayons one night and fell asleep in the car. We carried her up and armloads of other things... the next day brown and gray on my tan seat. yuck its been there for months....I can't wait to try this!!!

Charsbeads4u said...

What a wonderful Idea! I've used Goof Off before and it worked really good, but it's kind of expensive, and who doesn't have WD-40 just sitting around the house!
Thanks so much for sharing this wonderful tip!
Blessings,
Char